Choosing A Plumber Made Easy!
- March 11, 2017
- Posted by: Pentech Mechanical
- Category: Customer Service
How to spot a great plumber
There are a lot of good plumbers and heating experts out there. Trained in the same trade, the plumber apprenticeship is a long and complex program that brings a standard of service to our profession. So how do you decide on the right plumbing and heating expert for you and your home or commercial property? We’ve put together a check list to help you choose the right plumbing and heating expert for you.
Don’t be shy about asking a potential plumber or plumbing company about their training to ensure they are in fact qualified to do the job you have in mind. A plumber should have their Red Seal or Certification of Qualification otherwise known as their Ticket. It is important that they have the correct license for the province they are working in as code changes from province to province.
A Plumbing and Heating specialist will always be upfront and honest about the work needing to be done. Often giving you options and of course their professional opinion on repairs or installs. A good plumbing technician will walk you through the process so you have a good understanding of what needs to be done, the cost and of course any unexpected issues that may or could arise during the process of that service call.
3. Quality of Care
Quality of work can be found from the moment of first contact, the service call itself and of course the skill required of the job at hand. A good plumber will provide good craftsmanship and get the job done right. A GREAT plumber will make the experience as stress free as possible by;
- Communicating well with appointment times and service calls
- Respecting your home by keeping their work space neat and tidy
- Removing their shoes in your home when possible (some jobs require steel toe boots for WCB purposes) or wearing boot covers to protect your flooring.
- Wearing gloves for sanitary purposes on those jobs that require it
- Cleaning up after themselves
- Being Polite and Courteous
- Showing up in Professional Attire that represents the company they work for
All of the items above play into how a professional plumber can ensure a positive experience to the home or property owner, making them not only good stewards to their craft but also making them a GREAT company to work with.
We would love to hear about any of your plumbing concerns and provide a standard of care that sets us a part and puts us in the GREAT category. If you have questions we are here to answer them.